Quamby Pines is located in the state of Tasmania, Australia which is home to some of the world’ best preserved destinations that are great for holidaying -either for weeks at a time or for day trips. Here is some information about a few exceptional locations around Tasmania that we highly recommend:
- Wineglass Bay & Freycinet – www.wineglassbay.com
Wineglass bay is a world famous beach located on the East Coast of Tasmania.
- Bay of Fires – www.bayoffires.com.au
Bay of Fires has grown immensely in popularity over recent years as a favorite beach holiday destination for both Tasmanian locals and overseas tourists.
- Cradle Mountain – www.cradlemountainlodge.com.au
Cradle Mountain is Tasmania’s best known winter retreat for skiing and snow fun.The Cradle Mountain Lodge has a great reputation for accommodation in this area.
- Mole Creek Caves – http://molecreek.info/natures-wonders/mole-creek-caves/
The Mole Creek Caves are located only 20 minutes drive from Quamby Pines Estate and is great for a day trip to explore and visit the caves.
- Adventure Forests – www.adventureforests.com.au
Adventure Forests is a Forestry Tasmania initiative that has provided both Tasmanians and tourists with a great way to experience the lovely forest land that Tasmania is blessed with.
- Port Arthur Historical Sites – www.portarthur.org.au
Port Arthur Historical Site is a great place to visit the old convict colony where Tasmania was originally settled.Take a step back in time at a truly unique location worldwide.
- Ross Bridge – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Bridge
The Ross Bridge is a popular choice for history buffs- the bridge finished construction in 1836 and it the third oldest bridge still in use in Australia.
- Salamanca Markets – www.salamanca.com.au
The ever popular Salamanca markets in Hobart are a hugely popular tourist destination.Held weekly on a Sunday, the markets showcase some of Tasmania’s best food, produce, products and entertainers.